Thin at 0.63″, weighing 3.3 lb, and featuring a magnesium and aluminum alloy chassis, the EliteBook Folio 1040 G2 Notebook (ENERGY STAR) from HP is an enterprise-class system that is powered by a 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-5600U Dual-Core processor, allowing you to run multiple applications simultaneously. The processor also features a burst speed of up to 3.2 GHz and the system’s 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM not only allows efficient multitasking, but also allows the computer to quickly access frequently-used files and programs.
The 14″ UWVA (ultra-wide viewing angle) anti-glare display features a Full HD 1920 x 1080 native resolution, LED-backlighting, a 16:9 aspect ratio, and 300 cd/m2 brightness. The integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500 delivers a sharp, clear picture and you’ll also be able to output video to an external display at resolutions up to 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz with a 30-bit color depth and Full HD 1920 x 1080 @ 120 Hz with a 24-bit color depth using the built-in DisplayPort 1.2 output. For connecting to the Internet, the EliteBook Folio 1040 G2 is equipped with dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, with wired Gigabit Ethernet connectivity being available via an accessory dongle. External peripherals, such as additional storage or optical drives may be connected using the 2 x USB 3.0 ports, each of which doubles as a charging port. Additional compatible peripherals may be connected using Bluetooth 4.0 technology.
For long-term storage of your files, the EliteBook Folio 1040 G2 has a 256GB M.2 SATA SSD. Whether you are listening to music, watching a movie, or playing a game, the built-in stereo speakers offer HD audio with DTS Studio Sound. There is also an integrated 720p HD webcam which allows you to engage in face-to-face conversations using Skype or other software, an integrated dual-microphone array, and a microSD media card reader that supports microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC card formats.
The EliteBook Folio 1040 G2 Notebook is powered by a 45W Smart AC adapter and includes a 6-cell / 42Wh Lithium-ion polymer battery and Windows 7 Professional 32 & 64-bit recovery media. While the installed operating system is Windows 7 Professional (64-bit), a Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) license is included at no additional cost.
- USB 3.0 Ports
- The EliteBook Folio 1040 G2 has 2 x USB 3.0 ports. These may be used for connecting external peripherals such as external storage, optical drives, card readers, printers, and more. They also double as charging ports for peripherals that are compatible with USB charging, such as smartphones and tablets
- Gigabit Ethernet & 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- The EliteBook Folio 1040 G2 connects to the Internet using Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac (2×2) Wi-Fi. It also supports wired Ethernet connectivity via an accessory dongle
- Broadband Wireless (WWAN)
- The EliteBook Folio 1040 G2 supports Gobi 4G mobile broadband module with GPS
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Bluetooth-compatible peripherals, such as keyboards, mice, and headsets may be connected using Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- MicroSD Card Reader
- A built-in microSD card reader supports microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards
- DisplayPort 1.2
- Users will be able to output video to an external display using the built-in DisplayPort 1.2 video output. External resolutions are supported at up to 2560 x 1600 with a 30-bit color depth at 60 Hz and Full HD 1920 x 1080 with a 24-bit color depth at up to 120 Hz
- 6-cell / 42Wh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
- The EliteBook Folio 1040 G2 includes a 6-cell / 42Wh Lithium-ion polymer battery
- Windows 7 Professional + Windows 10 Professional
- This system is pre-installed with Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) and also comes with a license and media for Windows 10 Professional (64-bit) software. You may only use one version of the Windows software at a time. Switching between versions will require you to uninstall one version and install the other version. You must back up all data (files, photos, etc) before uninstalling and installing operating systems to avoid loss of your data